It is Waterside’s utmost priority to keep our audiences, artists, visiting companies and staff safe as we reopen the venue on 17 May. Audiences coming to Waterside can be reassured that we are adhering to government guidelines around Covid security and safety measures.
Between 17 May and 21 June Waterside will be operating on a reduced capacity for both booked tickets to theatre shows and visitors to our galleries. Where possible, we will also offer a contingency to deliver some performances as digital content and offer an ‘at home’ online ticket for those who may not be comfortable visiting the venue.
We have robust measures in place to protect our audiences, visiting companies and staff, including but not limited to;-
- mandatory use of face masks within the building at all times (with the exception of performers on stage)
- staggered arrival times for audiences to the building
- additional hand sanitisation for audiences
- glass screens in staff areas, including the box office and bar/coffee shop
- electronic ticketing only for theatre-goers
- limiting intervals during public performances
- management of toilet facilities and their capacities before, during and after live performances
- track and trace system in place for all artists, visitors, staff and theatre goers
- visors, masks and additional sanitisation stations for staff
- maintaining social distancing where possible of 2m, or 1m with additional mitigations in place.
Detailed information for audiences and visitors to Waterside can be downloaded here