DEADLINE: 14 MAY 2018 at 17:00
Waterside and Creative Industries Trafford (CIT) have joined forces to launch a new round of theatre commissions: an opportunity to support an artist/company, culminating in the development and performance of a new piece of work.
Waterside and CIT can offer something really special to artists; easy access to resources, close working relationships with the small team and a concentrated focus on the artist. We provide a space in which both artists their projects can breathe, develop and grow.
We are excited to hear from creatives and companies based in, or working in the North and look forward to building a long term relationship with the supported artists.
WHAT THE SUCCESSFUL COMPANY OR ARTIST WILL RECEIVE
• A £2,000 commissioning fee to support the production, towards production costs and script/dramaturgical development.
• Support from the Theatre Commissions Coordinator as well as the CIT & Waterside teams.
• A minimum three day-run to stage the new production at Waterside in The Chambers, in November 2018 (on a box office split).
• A bespoke mentoring and support package tailored to the artist/companies’ needs.
• Fundraising support to help secure match funding.
• Rehearsal space and time.
• Dedicated marketing support (PR, digital & print).
• Technical guidance and support
HOW TO APPLY
We want to make the application process straightforward, but there are a few things we need to assess this and want to hear about you and the production you want us to support.
• Contact details including a telephone number, an e-mail address & social media links e.g. Twitter handles/Facebook pages - If applying as a company, please specify a main contact person.
• A project outline (max 2 sides of A4)
• A bit more about yourself (1 side of A4 max)
Please ensure you read our guidance notes with particular attention to the HOW TO APPLY section.
We also ask you to fill out this equal opportunities form.
Please note the equal opportunities form will in no way be linked to your application and therefore won’t have any bearing on the outcome of your proposal. This just allows us to monitor and assess our reach to artists and companies we engage with in opportunities such as our commissions.
Applications should be submitted via email no later than 17:00 on Monday 14th May 2018, any applications received after this time will unfortunately not be accepted. Send your submission to Ross Carey, Theatre Commissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to hear from you and look forward to hearing about your project!
In the meantime, if you have any questions or queries please contact Ross on email@example.com
If you prefer face-to- face, Ross will be running a Commissions Cafe on Thursday 10th May 10:00 til 18:00 with bookable 1-to-1 sessions.
SOUND & AUGMENTED REALITY ARTIST COMMISSIONS
We're currently looking for two commissions as part of Refract:18
Find out more here: